Course Registration Notice
1. Waiting List Function
A. The course registration process and method have not changed. However, in order to prevent issues with connecting to the server and the use of bots and automated scripts, we would like to introduce a new system. If there is an excessive number of connection requests at the same time, all login and course registration requests will be issued a waiting number and processed in that order.
B. Applicable services: For undergraduate students – Wishlist (Login, Overview, Registration/Drop). For undergraduate and graduate students – Course Registration (Login, Overview, Registration/Drop)
C. Expected Results
- Even if you were issued a waiting number that’s far down the list, do not refresh the page (or click F5) or click the Menu button repeatedly. If you do so, you will get a new waiting number each time you reload a page and your waiting time will increase. Simply wait.
- At the moment when the course registration system opens, many people try to connect to the server at the same time and the system may not respond for a short period of time. Despite this, the important thing is to wait and do not click the Login button over and over.If you click the Login button again, you will be issued a new waiting number and your waiting time will increase. (Preferably log in a few minutes before the actual registration starts instead of logging in when the registration starts)
- The following pop-up message will appear if you have been added to the waiting list. If this message does not appear and your computer crashes, you have to reconnect to the system.
[Example of Pop-Up Message]
2. Prevention of login overlaps (Undergraduate Course Registration)
If there are various attempts to login into
3. Prevention of the use of bots/automated scripts (Undergraduate Course Registration)
If the amount of mouse clicks after logging in to the Course Registration System exceeds a certain number, a picture of a string of characters will appear on the screen. Only after inserting those characters, you will be able to continue the course registration.
4. Check browser settings (Internet Explorer) whenever you open the web-page
Open Internet Explorer > Click on ools (or click Alt+X) > Internet Options (O) > under the General tab, click Settings (S) > under Temporary Internet Files tab choose “Every time I visit web page” > click OK
5. Managing your account
Please be careful with managing your account (ID and Password): do not give your ID or password to other people and do not make your password too simple (e.g. password is same as ID, your birthday or your phone number) as there might be negative consequences.